Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Korean Adoptee Story

My Korean adoptee story, child version:
Your mom was really young when she had you.  She loved you very much but couldn't take care of you so she decided the best thing for you was to give you up for adoption.

My Korean adoptee story, sugar coated adoption record version:
According to bio-mother, bio-father was born in Inchon as the eldest of 2 boys and both of his parents are alive.  His father ran a sales agent for electrical goods.  Bio-father is now a student of university, 178cm tall with the weight of 72 kg and looks handsome with fair complexion.  He is introversive.  Bio-mother was born in Incheon as the second of 2 boys and 1 girl and both of her parents are alive.  She is 168 cm tall of 60 kg weight, slim and looks lovely.  She is outgoing, cheerful, and friendly and has A blood type.
Bio mother got to know bio-father by chance and had dates.  But they were troubled by the gap of the way of thinking and difference in life style while having dates.  After all they were separated and bio-mother found out her pregnancy after separation.  She worried much about her unborn baby's future and gave birth at Kil hospital in Inchon on Oct 5, 1988.
She thought that it was more desirable for the baby to be adopted to a good home which could provide sufficient support and parental love because she was unmarried that it was impossible for her to bring up the baby normally by herself.  So she decided to refer her baby to our Inchon branch for adoption on Oct. 6, 1988.

My Korean adoption story, the letter version:
 It was January of 1988. Although the situation isn't clear. Two cousins, one male, one female.  The male cousin is 22, a university student.  The female cousin is just 14, in middle school.  Because of a random happening, things just happened.  My birthmom went on living her life but something strange was going on. Her body feels different and she is sick.  Months pass and her stomach is growing.  After 5 months, she realized her pregnancy.  She's scared, so scared that she can't tell anyone.  In September of 1988, my grandmother noticed me.  My grandmother had many serious discussions with my birthmother and ultimately decided adoption was the best option.

My Korean adoption story, My version:
Thanks to God, it was too late for abortion to be considered and my birthmother had a family to support the adoption .  Thanks to God, my parents already started filing adoption paperwork a long time before I even came into existence.
Because my birthmother was so young...because Korean society does not accept children born in the way that I was...because economically, it is impossible to raise a baby at a young age...because three sets of people loved me - God first loved me to give his life for me even before I was born, my birthmother first loved me to carry me until I could come into the world and give me a life, my parents first loved me that my mother had a dream about having another baby after having three boys 13 years earlier...That is how I came to be adopted.
Because of love, I am adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment